On the 29th of February, 2012, UACS cherished the commencement of the work of the Joint Knowledge Center between the World Bank and the University American College Skopje "Eugene Meyer".
The objective of the Joint Knowledge Center is:
- to enable staff and students an easy access to the World Bank data;
- to enable staff and students an easy access to the World Bank publications and articles;
- to steer cooperation between UACS and the World Bank on a variety of joint ventures;
- to serve a communication device for disseminating current research;
- to serve a framework for conducting ongoing joint projects.
JKC "Eugene Meyer" has been named after the first president of the World Bank, Eugene Meyer
The opening has been followed by a presentation of the World Bank study "Skills, not just diplomas" by Mr. Alberto Rodriquez, a sectoral director in World Bank headquarters in Washington DC.